General Cable Installation Rules
- 1. Do not exceed a pulling tension of 20% of the ultimate breaking strength of the cable (these figures are available from the cable maker.)
- 2. Lubricate the raceway generously with a suitable pulling compound. (Check with the manufacturer for types of lubricants that are best suited to the type of cable.)
- 3. Use pulling eyes for manhole installations.
- 4. For long underground runs, pull the cable both ways from a centrally located manhole to avoid splicing. Use pulling eyes on each end.
- 5. Do not bend, install, or rack any cable in an arc of less than 12 times the cable diameter.