Managing your health
Western Extralite is committed to delivering information and tools you need to stay healthy, manage illness and injury and deal effectively with the increasingly complex health-care industry. You become eligible to participate in our health plans on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment.
- Medical insurance is available through Blue Cross Blue Shield's Preferred Care Blue (PPO).
- Dental insurance is available for purchase through two plan options for you and your dependent(s).
Balancing your work life and your personal life
Western Extralite recognizes the challenges of juggling work and personal priorities. We offer programs to help you achieve balance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays: We observe eight paid holidays each year.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Direct deposit of your pay
- Employee discount on products we sell
- Tuition reimbursement
- College scholarship opportunities for your dependent(s)
- Social events: Family picnics, annual holiday party, sports events and more
Saving for your future
Western Extralite provides opportunities for you to leverage today's earnings through tax savings and investments.
- 401(k) Savings Plan: Through payroll deduction, you may set aside a portion of your earnings pre-tax up to the limit allowed by law.
- 401(k) Roth Savings Plan: Through payroll deduction, you may set aside a portion of your earnings post-tax up to the limit allowed by the law.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan: After one year of continuous employment, you become eligible to enter this plan. Thereafter, whenever the Company declares a profit sharing contribution at the end of a fiscal year, your share is credited to this account.
Setting aside money before taxes (for qualified expenses)
Western Extralite offers a Section 125 Plan with several opportunities to help you save money by deducting specified amounts from your pay before taxes are calculated.
- Insurance premiums, such as medical and dental, are automatically deducted from your pay.
- Flexible spending accounts are available for your enrollment each year.
- Medical expenses: Qualified medical costs not paid by insurance
- Dependent day care.
- Private medical insurance.
Protecting against the unexpected
- Workers compensation insurance is paid by the company.
- Short and long-term disability insurance: The company pays part of the expense.
- Life/accidental death and dismemberment insurance is available for purchase.
Protecting your rights
Western Extralite encourages a positive work environment. In so doing, we prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age or religion.